Idea for new Club Kit

Discuss anything not covered below.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson

Paul Thomson

Re: Idea for new Club Kit

Postby Paul Thomson » Sun May 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Just noticed that the Hemel Hempstead is in lower case (well leading caps) but Cycling club is in all caps - shouldn't that be reversed???
Also the 'founded 1933' is a bit more prominant than it needs to be?

Paul
Paul Thomson
Racing Secretary

andymurrayuk

Postby andymurrayuk » Mon May 20, 2013 12:25 pm

I just took the wording from Richard's design. He's done well to come up with a starting point for a new design. I was more interested in the colour scheme. I'll go with the flow and leave it to others to debate upper or lower case wording and the importance of the date the club was founded.

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Mon May 20, 2013 1:46 pm

It wasn't a dig at your design Andy - I know you took it from Richard's design. I just made the comment in general.
I do actually prefer your version of the design otherwise.

Paul
Paul Thomson

Racing Secretary

duncan knight

Postby duncan knight » Mon May 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Sorry I seemed to have missed this thread ? is this the one off jersey for the anniversary or a whole new kit design ?

andymurrayuk

Postby andymurrayuk » Mon May 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Don't worry Paul, I didn't take it as a dig in the slightest. I'm happy and pretty easy going about the wording and will leave it to others to approve something. I've not heard about an idea for an anniversary kit. The design that Richard instigated and others have contributed ideas for would, I hope, be for a kit for the foreseeable. I would say that nobody would be expected to buy the new kit straight away, but if we did order new stock in a new design, then I guess gradually, it would start to be the visible club kit as people start to replace old kit. I for one need some new shorts as the grippers are going on mine and they are starting to ride up a bit! If I get new shorts, I might as well get a new jersey too.

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Mon May 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Actually for anyone doing BC events (Road racing, track, some MTB, etc.) then we do have to register a specific design and that design is the only one allowed to be used that year. Technically you are not even allowed to ride in plain kit. So if we do change the kit then we need to have it finalised before we re-register it towards the end of the year. And have got kit for them to use before the season starts.

For time trials then it's easier - you don't register the kit at all so you can wear almost anything - Mike Dixon is still riding in a skinsuit he bought (probably 2nd hand!) back in the mid 80's.

Paul
Paul Thomson

Racing Secretary

Return to “General”