Cycling in Windsor Great Park

Discuss anything not covered below.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson

Bernard Lamb

Cycling in Windsor Great Park

Postby Bernard Lamb » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:58 am

This is not of direct concern to most Hemel riders as it is way off the normal route for Sunday club runs. However training rides for "Mullen Tours" have been known to go that way. There is a park bye law that states that cyclists are to ride in groups of six or less. One club was stopped by a warden and asked to split into two groups. Another was seen and the name on their jerseys noted and the club secretary received a phone call. Please take note just in case. These bye laws do seem to be enforced of lat. I know the 20mph limit in Richmond Park is very strictly controlled. Even to the extent of David Weir being pulled up for speeding in his wheel chair.
Bernard
Bernard Lamb

Paul Thomson

Re: Cycling in Windsor Great Park

Postby Paul Thomson » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:08 am

Hmmm... There have been a few runs to have gone that way (and I've never done a Tony Mullen ride that way either) but I'd never heard of that one before!

Paul
Paul Thomson
Racing Secretary

Ian Huntingford

Re: Cycling in Windsor Great Park

Postby Ian Huntingford » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:27 am

Yes, it definitely does happen! We were split into groups of six or less in Windsor Great Park on an excellent club ride led by Geoff and Helen in April. But it was done in an un-officious manner and we were happy to comply.

Ian

Return to “General”