A Mile in Her Shoes: unwanted kit needed

Discuss anything not covered below.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson

SarahW

A Mile in Her Shoes: unwanted kit needed

Postby SarahW » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:10 pm

Not cycling related..but I know some members are runners too.
I am coordinating collection of unwanted running kit for the Charity a Mile In Her Shoes. This is a small London based Charity supporting women who have had experience of homelessness to run. Have a look at the website for details.
They need women's running clothes, second hand but of a quality you would be happy to give to a friend. As they particularly need larger sizes, men's clothes, if unisex in appearance , are very welcome, including shoes up to size 9. I plan to deliver Feb 20th and already have 4 bags from my niece's running club in Cambridge...so please have a look! Message /email me and I will collect.

carolmac

Re: A Mile in Her Shoes: unwanted kit needed

Postby carolmac » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:16 pm

No problem Sarah, got some stuff for you. Great idea.

vernaburgess

Postby vernaburgess » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:31 am

Great idea and TRC donated all surplus Ridgeway t shirts to them a few weeks back. Would you like me to push for more donation via TRC ?

SarahW

Postby SarahW » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:42 am

Verna,

I had thought of contacting local running clubs but having been in touch with the charity about the 5 bags I already have it seems getting stuff delivered to them is going to be a bit more complicated than I thought so I'm holding fire until I get that sorted .I don't want to end up with piles of stuff to store! Thank you though...it is good to have the interest ...

Return to “General”