Train Low Compete High Seminar 25th July 7.30pm

Ask questions, sort out training partners and find out how to use that HR or power meter.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson

carolmac

Train Low Compete High Seminar 25th July 7.30pm

Postby carolmac » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Rebecca Warner is coming to our club room on Monday 25th July 2011 7.30-9pm to give a talk/seminar on the advantages and disadvantages of training Low (in a fasted state or low glycogen) and competing high (glycogen) as a nutritional strategy for cyclists/triathletes.

Please could you let me know if you would be interested in attending by Monday 18th July. Please see below some information from Rebecca Warner about herself and the talk.

Rebecca Warner BSc (Hons) in Human Nutrition - Nutrition Consultant .
I completed a BSc (Hons) degree in Nutrition at the University of Nottingham followed by a PGCE in Secondary Science Education at Loughborough University.

After graduation I worked as a Nutritionist at a gym in Loughborough. For the past 13 years I have taught Chemistry, Biology and Nutrition in secondary schools.

I became a "runner" about 9 years ago and joined Barrow Runners club in Leicestershire. When I trained for my first marathon in 2007 I researched the nutrition for running in detail, and experimented with different foods and strategies, just as a scientist would! This re-ignited my passion for Nutrition and so my journey into Sports Nutrition began. I discovered triathlons 2 years ago and am now hooked! So my knowledge of nutrition for sports expanded.

For the past year I have provided a nutritional advice service for a Personal Trainer in Witney (www.body4mer.co,.uk). I am currently studying the IOC's post graduate diploma in Sports Nutrition and have started my own business providing nutritional advice for both athletes and non-athletes. (www.catalyticnutrition.co.uk). email rebecca@catalyticnutrition.co.uk

The talk is going to be on the advantages and disadvantages of training Low (in a fasted state or low glycogen) and competing high (glycogen) as a nutritional strategy for cyclists/triathletes.carolmac

Private message

jconibear

Re: Train Low Compete High Seminar 25th July 7.30pm

Postby jconibear » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:18 pm

Carol - I will come to this. Sounds very interesting.

Many thanks, Jody
Jody

carolmac

Postby carolmac » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:06 pm

Great, will add you to the list Jody. See you on Monday 7.30pm at the club room.

Simon Hemington
Site Admin

Postby Simon Hemington » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:48 pm

I will be there tonight. Should be interesting. Are many going?
Simon Hemington
HHCC Webmaster

Return to “Adult Coaching and Training”