HHCC Club Kit

Ask questions, sort out training partners and find out how to use that HR or power meter.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson

Scoops

HHCC Club Kit

Postby Scoops » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Hi there

I doing a bit of campaign work for an additional item of branded club kit. Its a light weight windproof gilet. The sort that is light enough to fold into your back pocket. See here for info (may not be exact item but gives an idea) http://www.myteamgiordana.co.uk/base_ga ... ments4.htm

To make this work and to make it worth ordering we need to have a fair demand and quantity. I have no idea on price but I'm sure it will be good value for money if Bob is doing the buying!!

Can I have a show of hands to see who would be interested in such an item and then we can persuade Bob we need them!!

Thanks

Oh, I'll have one! :D
Scoops
HHCC Go-Ride Secretary

Scoops

Re: HHCC Club Kit

Postby Scoops » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:26 pm

can't believe it. 55 views and no replies?

I can only assume it's a NO from HHCC riders for this bit of kit. :x
Scoops
HHCC Go-Ride Secretary

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:00 pm

Scoops, we have had gillets and full rain/shower jackets in the past and they did proove to be fairly popular - Bob may still have an example? But they were from a number of years ago (in fact I think still uses the old kit design that was pre-1994) so not using any of the newer technical fabrics available.
Personally I hate gillets - I always want to include an arm covering and a gillet obviously doesn't provide for that - for me if it's cold or wet enough for covering the body then the arms also need covering. But that's just a personal viewpoint.

Dave Rogers almost lives in his club showerproof jacket... :?

Part of the problem for your campaign is that a lot of people will already have things like gillets and shower jackets, plus not as many people as you think look at the forumor the FB page... You need to talk direct with the members.

Paul
Paul Thomson
Racing Secretary

Dave R

Postby Dave R » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:23 pm

I've currently got my HHCC showerproof jacket on as I sit at my desk in the office, I slept in it a couple of nights ago as well.

John Dowling

Postby John Dowling » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:51 pm

Destitution is a wonderful thing Dave.
I'm a big fan of gilets (one L and said with Fraanch accent) but getting one that is any use is a struggle - however i would be interested!!! :shock: But i guess it needs more than me........

Scoops

Postby Scoops » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:19 am

Your'e alright John cos there are another 5 people who have sparked interest from the HHCC Facebook page.

Plus you and me and we have 7. Not sure what min order is..... Will have to talk nicely to Bob on Monday.

BTW Paul, Gilets are probably one of THE best bits of kit for a cyclist. I suppose a copy of the Sun would do :?
Scoops
HHCC Go-Ride Secretary

Scoops

Postby Scoops » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:30 am

Dave, you need one of these well. That showerproof must be getting a tad smelly by now!!! And besides, does your roof leak?
Scoops
HHCC Go-Ride Secretary

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:40 pm

Paul Thomson

Racing Secretary

Dave R

Postby Dave R » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:19 pm

It would be a good opportunity to update my kit and while my roof is fine at the moment, there's nothing like a bit of forward planning in case of problems.

Dave

Scoops

Postby Scoops » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:51 pm

HHCC Lightweight Gilet

At last the new HHCC 'lightweight' gilet has come into stock. For all you guys that expressed an interest and others, we have limited numbers at the club house in the following sizes M, L, XL, & XXL. Size wise they come up pretty much as the short sleeve jersey. Cost is £52.50.

The Rainout gilet is manufactured from breathable, water-repellent material consisting of a yarn made from multiple layers of very thin fibres. The manufacturing technique used in making this densely compacted yarn means that the fabric is wind-proof but still breathes. Even after countless washes and heavy use, these properties remain unchanged. This gilet can be easily folded and given their small sizes, can be easily tucked away in the rear pocket of a jacket or jersey. The Newtrevalli gilet offers a more 'fitted' cut & silicon hem gripper.

In addition the gilet features elasticated arm holes (Tim!), 3 pockets, reflective tabs at the rear and a secure pouch for keys etc.

Get them while you can as this sort of wintery summer weather is just right for gilets!! These can be brought along to the club 10, or pick up from club house on a Monday evening.
Scoops
HHCC Go-Ride Secretary

Little Bob

Postby Little Bob » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Who do I contact for a TT Skin Suite ???

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:23 pm

Bob Clark is your man for club kit too (as well as the trophy!)

Paul
Paul Thomson

Racing Secretary

Bobpres

Postby Bobpres » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:49 pm

Will have the kit with me this evening as well.

Bob

Little Bob

Postby Little Bob » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:14 pm

Bob I will bring the one that doesnt fit to the club tonight if thats OK

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:06 am

Calling all triathletes,

I have managed to get a sample tri suit from Neil Wass - the person who arranged for our new skinsuits. I can bring it down the clubroom and the club 10's when they start in a couple of weeks for people to look at and even try on. It's only one - size medium - so may be not the right size for all, but based upon the sizing of the skinsuits we can advise what you might need. It's the fit and quality of it that we need to consider. To the untrained eye it looks to be of the same quality as the skinsuits, so pretty good. A query on the pad requirements would be the only point I suspect.

Cheers,

Paul
Paul Thomson

Racing Secretary

Return to “Adult Coaching and Training”