Inner Tubes Bulk Order

Ask questions, sort out training partners and find out how to use that HR or power meter.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson

Simon Hemington
Site Admin

Inner Tubes Bulk Order

Postby Simon Hemington » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:27 am

If I can figure out how to order them and get a big discount is anybody interested in a bulk purchase of inner tubes?

I suspect if ten of us get together and say order 10 each we should be able to negotiate a very good price. Respond below if you are interested and let me know roughly what you might want to get.

Simon
Simon Hemington
HHCC Webmaster

Paul Thomson

Re: Inner Tubes Bulk Order

Postby Paul Thomson » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:48 am

Depends on what sort?
I use a mixture of 80mm valve deep section tubes and standard 30mm (or something like that) ones for my other wheels on my road bike, plus some standard presta valve ones on my MTB. Carol uses the same as me (as she has some deep sections too).

I can only find Conti's in the 80mm versions...

Paul
Paul Thomson
Racing Secretary

Sam Williamson

Postby Sam Williamson » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:40 pm

At the right price I'd take a minimum of 10 of each immediately - 700c long and short valve plus 700c x 35mm CX tubes would be useful too :)

Could the Club arrange a bulk purchase and sell them at a small profit to cover the costs of holding stock etc? It would be a good way to get members (like me :oops: ) to visit the clubroom more regularly...

Simon Hemington
Site Admin

Postby Simon Hemington » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:05 pm

For the initial order I think it would be better to just collect the money from confirmed purchasers and order what they need. We could then look again and repeat 6/12 months later depending on how unlucky we have all been!

In the long run it might be a good idea for the club to buy a load and sell for a small profit. Something to discuss at the next committee meeting.

For now, any other takers?
Simon Hemington
HHCC Webmaster

Return to “Adult Coaching and Training”