Time Trial Tubulars

Ask questions, sort out training partners and find out how to use that HR or power meter.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson

Giles Haley

Time Trial Tubulars

Postby Giles Haley » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:11 pm

So then, what tubs are all you testers running ?

My TT bike is currently shod with Conti Competition Vectran tubs. Seemingly relatively bomb-proof, but certain advisors :D suggest they aren't the fastest rubber in the world.

I tend to prefer the safer option, rather than fast but fragile (not very fast if you puncture, are they ?!). Any recommendations ? Conti Podium TT ? Vittoria Evo CS ?

Paul Thomson

Re: Time Trial Tubulars

Postby Paul Thomson » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:17 pm

I use Vittoria Evo CX's - not as light as the CS but better than the Conti Comps. A good compromise. The CS is a good tub for TT's though.
I have an as yet unused Conti Podium to fit when I either wear out or puncture the CX - but I haven't punctured a tub for a while (crossed fingers). Some don't like Conti's for some reason... I always have been happy with them.
Many people like the Veloflex Records (or whatever they are called now as they keep changing the names!), but they do seem to not be that puncture proof.

Paul Thomson
Racing Secretary

Re: Time Trial Tubulars

Postby NZxcross » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Well done Giles, firstl I enquire about road race tires & now you are on here asking about TT tires.

Gunna be a busy season for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richard O'Reillly

Long way from home kiwi........

Return to “Adult Coaching and Training”