CycleSurgery opens in Hemel

Ask questions, sort out training partners and find out how to use that HR or power meter.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson

Simon Hemington
Site Admin

CycleSurgery opens in Hemel

Postby Simon Hemington » Tue May 12, 2009 11:47 am

New bike shop at the Snow Centre.

Anybody been for a play on the slopes yet?
Simon Hemington
HHCC Webmaster

Gavin Atkins

Re: CycleSurgery opens in Hemel

Postby Gavin Atkins » Tue May 12, 2009 12:33 pm

That's pretty harsh on Leisure Wheels - they've been top Specialized dealers, at a guess, for nearly 30 years. I won't be shopping at Cyclesurgery for certain!

Simon Hemington
Site Admin

Postby Simon Hemington » Tue May 12, 2009 1:04 pm

Had not thought of that. They list Marin, Wilier and Trek on the website so perhaps Leisure Wheels retain the Specialized dealership rights for now.
Still, another bike shop might get a few more folks out on bikes and on to our rides.

Anyway, back to the question, has anybody checked out the snow yet? Is it soft and fluffy, or icy and rubbish?
Simon Hemington
HHCC Webmaster

Kristian Stentoft

Postby Kristian Stentoft » Tue May 12, 2009 4:28 pm

I have just had a look

They offer the full range of Specialized, but is it not a question of them hooking up to the main Cyclesurgery database / stock and ordering from them. :?:

I have recommended Leisure Wheels and other local shops to several of my friends who were looking to spend £ 500 - £ 700 and almost all of them had nothing in the right sizes or were not even stocking bikes in that price range.

Specialized are keeping their stock very low for the new launch of bikes during the Tour De France and some of the big hitters are ordering 40 - 50 bikes to make sure they don't run out of this years models.

Its also a fact of life that the internet has opened a huge window for checking prices and people looking at getting the best deal possible, but unless we support the local bike shop the there will be none, however if you can not get the right sized bike at price you can afford the what can you do.
Kristian Stentoft

Return to “Adult Coaching and Training”