altitude and fatigue study

Ask questions, sort out training partners and find out how to use that HR or power meter.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson

altitude and fatigue study

Postby Helen » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Stuart Goodall and I am a final year PhD student at Brunel University.

I am collecting data for my 3rd PhD study and need to recruit a couple more participants, to test in the next month or so. I am researching the effects of fatigue during exercise at simulated altitude and the forthcoming study would involve 2 potential visits to the lab here at Brunel. I am looking to recruit trained male (sorry ladies) cyclists/triathletes between the age of 18 and 35 yrs. I have attached a poster advertising the study.

The aim of the study is to assess the contribution of central and peripheral fatigue during exercise in hypoxia, we will use some novel techniques to assess fatigue pre to post exercise and physiological responses throughout the exercise. After data collection is complete I will provide a short fitness report for each participant.

If you would like more information or could potentially be considered as a participant, please could you contact me:

Email - <>

Mobile - 07793548290

Many thanks for your time...

Stuart Goodall
PhD Student (Physiology)
Centre for Sports Medicine and Human Performance
Brunel University

Return to “Adult Coaching and Training”