Central CX RD3 - What a Day to be proud of

Mud pluggers, enduro riders, cross country and cyclo X discussions here.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson

Central CX RD3 - What a Day to be proud of

Postby NZxcross » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi all,

What a fantastic day the club put on in the weekend. A top notch effort by all concerned.
Even being a very new club member, I was as proud as punch how it turned out.

Having being talked into purchasing a skinsuit so that I was actually representing the club, I was so proud to me a member on this day. I sort of started to get excited on the Saturday afternoon really. It’s always so nice being in the company of Ian & Sam, true club members to the core. Doing a bit of course prep made me feel part of the event.

What a course you set out Simon. Bravo!! I have been quite critical of some of the courses to date, too technical, too much single track, too boring but this one was a ripper. I'm only 5races into this 'cross thing but I feel the course should be balanced for all parties. Some good riding, single track (But wide enough to pass) & technical stuff with a dismount. Our course got all of these factors spot on.

I was blown away on the Sunday. It had a great feel from the start, being told information when entering the car park was a great touch. The organisation was great & fluid. All just bang on.

I had friends come & watch who are not into cycling at all. They loved it, just goes to show it can be done.

To all of the club members who supported us during the race, you guys rock!!. It was very humbling & kept me going full noise in the hope of seeing Sam again. You supported all the riders just the same; I shall return the favour during the road season for sure.

In my humble opinion, this was by far the best organised, best coarse & had amazing support right the way round that I have been too so far.

Next year is far too far away already (Just want another shot at Sam!!!)

Congrads to all the new Club champions for '12

Richard O'Reillly

Long way from home kiwi........

Return to “MTB and Cyclo X”