Rumor Mill - for x cross

Mud pluggers, enduro riders, cross country and cyclo X discussions here.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson

NZxcross

Rumor Mill - for x cross

Postby NZxcross » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi all,
I have it on the grape vine that one ex club member who misses the company greatly & racing especially against another very fit club member is looking to re intergrate into the Hemel family later on in '14. Maybe it was the orange colour after all Sam.......
Not happy that I'm missing this weekend, but there you go.
Best of luck to all club members participating this weekend.

P.S. Nobody told me this is the coldest place on earth up here (Aberdeen), thats even before winter has really even started.....Big trouble I reckon.
Ta
Richard O'Reillly

Long way from home kiwi........

Paul Thomson

Re: Rumor Mill - for x cross

Postby Paul Thomson » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:13 am

Ah! I wondered where you had got to... what took you all the way to the Granite (and cold) city??? Looking forward to seeing you on the circuit once again...

Oh yes - Sam's already got the bug back - he rode the Team Milton Keynes cross last week, then the club hillclimb the following day...

Paul
Paul Thomson
Racing Secretary

Sam Williamson

Postby Sam Williamson » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:39 pm

G'day Rico!

Good to hear from you - would be great to see you back 'darn sarf' very soon.

Paul's right I'm afraid - the CX bug didn't take long to bite me again - although I'm now riding in the REALLY OLD category! :lol: We've even booked a hotel in Derby for the Nationals (riding) and a hotel in Antwerp for the Worlds (beer drinking and ringing cowbells 8) ).

Will try and keep the forum updated with reports on the 'muddy stuff' - nothing to match your epics from the 2012/13 season however...

Sam

NZxcross

Postby NZxcross » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi all,
Oil & Gas + the ££££££££ has brought me up here. Not the weather thats for sure.
One thing that cracks me up, already a grey dingy place coz of the weather they go & build it out of granite just to make sure any slight shimmer of sunshine is dulled out. Funny lot these jocks.
Don't worry Sam, as per last weekend I'm now in the old category myself.
I saw in the results thus far, many riders are riding both the vets & seniors race. Is this so??
I'm not sure about the format change to be sure. I see that the seniors races only got about 40 in it. It was obvious all last year that the vet cats very the biggest field plus very very compeditive. Not sure I can get my head around turning up just for a 40minute blast.
I'm off to the Falkirk round of the Scottish league in two weeks, give you guys a comparison soon.

Antwerp aye, spent a lot of time there over the last 3years. Tiz alright, beware of taking the girls there diamonds are a everywhere!!!!!!!!
Ta
Richard O'Reillly

NZxcross

Postby NZxcross » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 pm

Anyway Sam, I'm saving up my pennies for a new mount to rival yours.......
Just have to hide it from Stace!!!
On the hit list is carbon frame, hydarlic disc brakes & di2 if I can wangle it.
This is my fav so far, any decent ideas???

http://www.wheelbase.co.uk/bikes/cycloc ... escription
Ta
Richard O'Reillly

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:11 am

Paul Thomson

Racing Secretary

Sam Williamson

Postby Sam Williamson » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:11 pm

Rico,

Being a bit of a long/slow/distance type rider I was concerned about the changes to the events and thought the races would feel overly-short, but I can understand why they were made and have now fully embraced the new format especially as it's the standard distance for the next tiers of competition - something I guess we should all apsire too.

Credit is due to the Central League for the way they have responded to feedback and now set the 'proper old gits' (V50's) off before the 'nearly old gits' (V40-49's) so we get a chance for a bit of first lap glory - and a bit of prize money to boot...

I'm loving the races but my bike-handling skills are letting me down - hopefully I'll be riding myself into a bit of form in a few weeks - so far I've had a 3rd and a 2nd - won't be satisfied until I bag myself a win :twisted:

I'll have a proper look at your proposed purchase later - you've certainly sparked my interest :)

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Paul Thomson

Racing Secretary

Sam Williamson

Postby Sam Williamson » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Return to “MTB and Cyclo X”