TT Results

Everything to do with racing against the clock.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson, Sam Williamson, John Dowling

Dave R

TT Results

Postby Dave R » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:03 pm

Just to make a record of a few notable performances which may have been missed, I have added a few below. This is not an exhaustive list but as the season progresses, hopefully a few more can be recorded.
On May 24th in Hampshire, Jody Conibear broke the womens 100 mile record by 15 seconds beating the 4:19:39 set by Debbie Hutson in July 1997. This wasn't the easiest of days and the Bentley 100 course is a bit lumpy at the South end and incredibly rough. Jody had an unscheduled stop when her bottle jumped out of the cage and had to be retrieved.
John Lacey and Geoff Reynolds also recorded excellent times, 4:03 & 4:15 respectively, this I believe being Geoff's first 100. I had the privilege of seeing all three of them speed by me, (not together I must add).

I have just noticed that John Lacey recorded a 20:01 on the V718 in the VTTA National 10 on Saturday. I am not 100% sure but think this may have beaten his old PB by 1 second.

Please feel free to record any results on the Forum, it's always good to hear what is going on amd while results do sometimes appear on Facebook, they soon go out of sight.

Dave

Bernard Lamb

Re: TT Results

Postby Bernard Lamb » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:54 pm

Last year I rode a few ten mile events and managed 26:05.
I decided to try a few more this year and to ride a 25.
Could I manage a 25 minute 10?
First event 25:59. Job done.
I rode a few more events and decided to try the club open 25. Big mistake. It was horrible. I managed 1:12:14
I rode a standard road bike on the H1 for a 25. SPD shoes, training wheels and a road hat and did 1:07:07. Pleased with that but it was mainly a chance to look at the course with a view to riding a 15 and a 30 later in the year.
I went down for these events on the wettest weekend of the year. It was not actually raining for the 15. I did 41:15. A national age record but as the distance was only introduced a couple of years ago a fairly modest target. My gear lever fell apart and the rain came down again so I was DNS for the30.
A 25 on the F1B yielded 1:08:25. Not too bad and a good guide compared with what other people were doing on better courses.
I managed a faster 10 with 25:24 but in the event with the accident so no result yet for any claims.
As I had not done a 30 I decided to enter the Leo to get my 4th standard award. I kept riding so I would not be too out of shape and just needed to get round. 1:24:42 for group age record was a possible target to encourage me.
Oh what a day. It felt good at the start so I gave it some welly. 1:17:16. Faster than the previous national age record held by Eric Marsh. Certainly not a soft one this time as I have always regarded Eric as some thing of a legend. My time compared to other riders was rather better than in previous rides so well pleased.
What next?
I cannot get my back flat and as low as I could in years gone by so try to tuck my head in to get aero. As my shoulder joints are worn out this is quite a strain. The last three miles of the 30 were quite painful and the turn into the finish, not helped by potholes, was a nightmare.
The 30 becomes a bit easier on paper next year given a goodish day. Looking at the 10 and 25 times they are well out of reach at the moment. However I thought that about the 30. If I can keep going in 2 to 3 year time they could be a target.
I don't see the NHS giving me priority for a shoulder rebuild just so I can race on a trike.
Bernard
Bernard Lamb

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:56 am

Paul Thomson
Racing Secretary

Bernard Lamb

Postby Bernard Lamb » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:49 pm

No Paul.
I missed your 10 so that I could "enjoy" the 25 the next morning.
It was The July VTTA event.
Bernard
Bernard Lamb

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:06 pm

OK. I have just seen that result published today. I can send you a copy if you haven't had?

Paul
Paul Thomson

Racing Secretary

Return to “Time Trials”