ECCA 12 hr

Everything to do with racing against the clock.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson, Sam Williamson, John Dowling

John Dowling

ECCA 12 hr

Postby John Dowling » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:19 am

Its probably all over the Clubs Faceache page but for those that don't do Social Media that way...............
After various mutterings about several of us doing the ECCA 12 hr (Or perhaps being done by it?) only Sarah Williamson had the courage to enter and face the timekeeper.
12 hours later she had amassed just over 230 miles which is a very impressive distance and the furthest any HHCC Woman has ever gone as far as i know
I understand she is recovering on Holiday at the moment but anyone who has ridden a 12 will know how "difficult" it can be so a few days off is probably allowed!! :lol:
Big Respect
JD

Paul Thomson

Re: ECCA 12 hr

Postby Paul Thomson » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:56 pm

Yes, lots on the FB page.
There is no previous performance by a women at 12 hours recorded for the club, so it is not only a good distance, it is a first and a club record distance.
Sarah was first woman at the event too - approx 10% of the field were women, which in itself is a good number and the win was no walkover either with a few within 10 miles.

Sarah was supported all day by her family - Sam, Tom and Eleanor, and there was a morning shift of additional help by John and Annette Lacey and then an afternoon shift from Geoff and Helen Reynolds. Carol Macdonald and myself also came along for a few hours on the finishing circuit on our way home from Carol doing the Ely Half Ironman Tri. So nine people to support 1 rider. Sounds like a World Tour team setup! 8) :lol:

Paul
Paul Thomson
Racing Secretary

Return to “Time Trials”