Club Records at 100 Miles

Everything to do with racing against the clock.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson, Sam Williamson, John Dowling

Bernard Lamb

Club Records at 100 Miles

Postby Bernard Lamb » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:23 am

Looks as though John and Jody have smashed the respective records.
Well done to both of you.
Bernard
Bernard Lamb

John Lacey

Re: Club Records at 100 Miles

Postby John Lacey » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:22 am

Thanks Bernard and well spotted. Yes we had a good day on the BDCA 100 'concrete mountain' course, warm, dry and the wind was a light northerly which suited the course which is roughly East-West. This was my target event for 2015 and the reason why I didn't ride the 12 hour this year, when I tried doing both two years ago I failed horribly and last year I missed a float day on the 100 so I felt I had unfinished business up there.
Jody had already knocked a few seconds off Debbie Hutson's record from 1997 but her 4:09:01 has reduced it by 10 minutes, she also scooped the 3rd fastest prize, so well done Jody, I'm glad everything finally came together for you.
Last year I knocked a mere minute off of Bob Addy's record from the 80's which felt a bit petty given all the aero kit we have these days so I am very pleased to have taken that down by another 3 minutes to 3:45:41.
The winner, Charles Taylor, did 3:21:31, Adam Topham was 2nd with 3:22:40, my ride was only good enough for 22nd place !!!
JL

Return to “Time Trials”