Social TT evening

Everything to do with racing against the clock.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson, Sam Williamson, John Dowling

andrew6ger

Social TT evening

Postby andrew6ger » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:16 am

Reprinted from Facebook.
I like to organise a social down the fishery where We can discuss and note who are doing what Time Trails this year. At the end of the club open season I was just getting into the idea of TTing. But I let the rest of the season slip by. This year I thought I would have a crack at some of the other TT courses around. But before doing so I wanted to seek advice and find out what everyone else was doing. I'm struggling with my training probably because the only TTs I have planned are the Sid and the open 10. How would people fancy an evening in the fishery with a large map and a notebook where we talk TT? I might even attempt a 50mile or more if I can get my form back. This article brought a smile where it seems long TTs are a sensible eating competition on a bike.
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/com ... ium=Social

andrew6ger

Re: Social TT evening

Postby andrew6ger » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:57 am

Re: TT planning meeting.
Further to my earlier post I would like to suggest the 16th or the 23rd Feb for the meeting at the Fishery Pub in Hemel Hempstead.
Paul has given me an excellent spread sheet with all the courses and all the dates. I'm going to extend it to include everyone's names.
The purpose is to help plan our season so we can benefit from either attending the same events or supporting. Also Paul was telling me that some events have restrictions that can save atleast me time in not choosing that date.
Give me some feed back on this post as to which date is preferred. Obviously we may not be able to satisfy everyone but I will do my best. Everyone welcome who have an interest in TT and want to pass on advice or ask. I'm not expecting big numbers. But if there is a demand I may have to rethink the fishery.

Return to “Time Trials”