BC West Thames Series 2 12/04/11 Race Report

Everything to do with bunched racing on the road and velodrome.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson, Gavin Atkins

Ian Baynes

BC West Thames Series 2 12/04/11 Race Report

Postby Ian Baynes » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:21 pm

A brief race report as team Hemel (me and Chad) entered the BC West Thames Series combined 3rd & 4th Cat Race 2 at Hillingdon on Tuesday (12/04/11) night.
Despite the rapidly fading light, a relatively healthy field of 30+ riders set off for the cold and windy race. Both Chris and I had a couple of digs at the front but couldn’t make anything stick. We chased down any potential breakaways and kept the pace fairly high. On the final lap we both moved to the front of the bunch and attacked the sprint finish with around 250 metres to go. Chad put everything he had into the last few seconds of the race and finished a very creditable and impressive 2nd. I was boxed in by two guys who’s sprinting speed was slightly slower than mine and they kept the door shut to leave me to take 7th place, albeit only a couple of bike lengths behind the leaders. Thanks to Dunk for the very vocal last lap support!
Our next outing is either going to be the Bill Temme Memorial Criterium at the Redbridge circuit on 25th April or the West Thames Series race at Hillingdon on April 26th.

Paul Thomson

Re: BC West Thames Series 2 12/04/11 Race Report

Postby Paul Thomson » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:43 am

Good efforts guys.

It seems like the gaining experience is paying off. Maybe time to move up to the big boys races to get some points and move up to where it really gets interesting! :lol:

Paul Thomson
Racing Secretary

Gavin Atkins

Re: BC West Thames Series 2 12/04/11 Race Report

Postby Gavin Atkins » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:25 am

Nice work guys, keep up the reporting always good to hear of HHCC in the thick of it :)

Return to “Road and Track Racing”