Team helpers wanted July 10th

Everything to do with bunched racing on the road and velodrome.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson, Gavin Atkins

John Lacey

Re: Team helpers wanted July 10th

Postby John Lacey » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:33 am

Well done on finishing Chad, that was a long fast race, I averaged 27.5mph (in the lead car !!!) bad luck Ian, if you trashed the rim as well then any tyre would be lucky to survive, the service car run out of 10 rear wheels fairly quickly due to the state of the roads. I would suggest doing a reccy of the route beforehand, but I'm not sure a human brain would have enough storage capacity to remember all those potholes.

I've used 4000S's they seem a good all round compromise of weight/grip/price, you either get a flint through the sidewall after 20 miles or they last for 2000+, my current rear has gone square due to the mileage on it.

There are some photos of the race at:

JL

Steve Hewitt

Postby Steve Hewitt » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:36 am

Agree with you JD that I wouldn't buy a product just because a team/rider uses it. When Sean Kelly was asked by David Harmon "What was the best bike you rode in your career?", his answer was "The one they paid me most to!"

The team in question uses the Conti 4000s for training and certain races but I believe they use Vittoria Corsa Evo CX tubs for crits and certain races. They aren't tied to a sponsor, from what I know/was told.

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:55 am

Mr Lacey - who's car was that you were driving? You do know that BC insurance for race vehicles only covers the owner of the car - if you were not the owner you were driving it uninsured! :shock:
No 13 (Phill Murell?) should be reminded that if you are that number then the so-called bad luck is averted only if you put one of the numbers upside down, not both of them! :lol:

Paul
Paul Thomson
Racing Secretary

John Lacey

Postby John Lacey » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:27 pm

John Dowling

Postby John Dowling » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:40 pm

Good job you didn't do a "France TV 1" then John!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Return to “Road and Track Racing”