2009 Road and Track Calendar

Everything to do with bunched racing on the road and velodrome.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson, Gavin Atkins

Simon Hemington
Site Admin

2009 Road and Track Calendar

Postby Simon Hemington » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:33 pm

Events in bold are suggested Target Events for club members, i.e. so that we can hopefully stimulate a good turnout. These suggestions were arrived at by selecting popular local events, reasonably well spaced out time wise, and with one event for each race distance or type; but please feel free to comment or suggest alternatives. And do please, via the forum or otherwise, provide details of your own individual racing schedules as they evolve.

People's initials indicate a planned entry if in normal font, or a confirmed entry if in bold.

LAST UPDATED +++ 10 Jan 2009

January
17/01 Imperial Winter Series, Hillingdon:
17/01 Hog Hill Winter Series:
24/01 Imperial Winter Series, Hillingdon: KF
24/01 Hog Hill Winter Series:
31/01 Imperial Winter Series, Hillingdon:
31/01 Hog Hill Winter Series:

February

March
14/03 HHCC Spring Chicken and Roy Thame Road Races: RH, GH, CD

April
05/04 Thames Velo RR: GH, CD
24/04 Welwyn Track League (Continues every Friday): KF AB SH SO RH GA

May

June
06/06 Letchworth Grass Track: AB
14/06 St Andrews Grass Track, Welwyn Garden City: AB
21/06 Tommy Simpson (Jun RR series) CD
26/06 Jun RR Champs (S Wales) CD

July
11/07 Biggleswade Grass Track: AB
18/07 Welwyn Dernyfest Track: AB

August
30-31/08 Mildenhall Rally Grass Track: AB

September

October

Initials Key:
TS - Tom Silverlock, DK - Debbie Knott, PM - Phil Moss, AM - Andy Murray, JS - Julian Smith, NB - Neil Bradburn, CD - Conor Dunne, JC - James Conibear, SO - Steve Oglesby, AB - Boj, PT - Paul Thomson, RB - Richard Boley, SN - Simon North, JL - John Lacey, GA - Gavin Atkins, RH - Rob Hill, KF - Keith Fletcher, GH - Giles Haley
Simon Hemington
HHCC Webmaster

Paul Thomson

Re: 2009 Road and Track Calendar

Postby Paul Thomson » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:49 pm

OK... not a lot of activity here... yet I know some of you are doing races! Conor is doing at least one every week, so lets hear what and when!

Maybe we should feature one or two events per month that we could target getting a few guys in...

Bearing in mind a typical 3 week closing date, then lets take a look at the mid April dates on for a few weeks:
April 19 is the Archer GP supporting races - although the GP is cancelled, the other races are still on. If you like a bit of climbing then this is a great race to try! Featuring 2 big climbs per lap (Longdown and Whiteleaf) and I think 4 laps, that should be more than enough to break up a race!
The following weekend there are the North Bucks races at MK Bowl for the 34 cats on Saturday (I think there are LVRC races for the vets too), and on Sunday the Reading CC/AW Cycles events over at Woodcote - again a fairly hilly course, but not in the same league as the Archer!

2 May there is the Andy Morrison RR on the short (under 3 miles) circuit at Cranfield (nr MK) on Saturday morning, and on the Monday there is the Bedford womens 2 day mens support race that should have been at Millbrook, but has now been moved to the lumpy Cardington/Northill circuit.
Of course the women should be riding the 2 day! - a team time trial, 2 road stages and an individual TT... great! :lol:

2 weeks later there is the CC Ashwell races on the same Cardington/Northill course and organised by an ex Hemel member - and as a bonus normally Victoria Pendleton is there to present the prizes! What a podium girl to have - one who is always on the top step of the podium! :wink:

So come on - tell us what you're doing!

Paul
Paul Thomson
Racing Secretary

Boj

Postby Boj » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:28 pm

I'm planning on a quiet year on the racing front, for various reasons.

I plan to attend the Welwyn track league when I can. Then, it's on with some knobblies for some grass tracking:

6.6.09 - Letchworth
14.6.09 - St Andrews, Welwyn Garden City
11.7.09 - Biggleswade
30/31.8.09 - Mildenhall Rally

I might also do the Welwyn Dernyfest on 18.7.09 (that one without knobblies of course).

I will probably do a few circuit races at Hillingdon/MK Bowl/Hog Hill on Saturdays as the season progresses, so if anyone is planning to ride such events please post your intentions here. It's always more fun to ride as part of a team.

Gavin Atkins

Postby Gavin Atkins » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:11 pm

Hi Guys

I hope to get to the Welwyn track this Friday for the opening race night. Think I've got that right?

Then I'm entered for the Mens Millbrook Classic on 5th May (2/3/4) - looking forward to that one :)

BTW am also thinking of entering the Central Road Divs

Gav

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:27 am

You are not on the start sheet for Millbrook... I have that and no Hemel riders listed. But there are still lots of spaces so send an entry to Jon Miles asap and you'll get in easy. 2 short but fairly tough climbs per lap, and a large part of the rest is flat - really flat... about 5 miles per lap. The first time any mens race has ever ridden there. The women have been using it for about 5 years...
Regional Champs is on the Astwood course. A rolling course that is deceptively hard.

Paul
Paul Thomson

Racing Secretary

Simon Hemington
Site Admin

Postby Simon Hemington » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 am

Created a 2010 calendar. Please post your road and track plans there.

Thanks,
Simon
Simon Hemington
HHCC Webmaster

Gavin Atkins

Postby Gavin Atkins » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:51 am

Hi Paul, yes I've sent an entry to Jon on Monday after contacting him, so I've got a ride :)

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:33 pm

Yup - he's just sent me 3 additions to the list he sent to me yesterday and you are now there.

Paul
Paul Thomson

Racing Secretary

Return to “Road and Track Racing”