Welwyn Track Racing Sat 1st August

Everything to do with bunched racing on the road and velodrome.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson, Gavin Atkins

pauldyett

Welwyn Track Racing Sat 1st August

Postby pauldyett » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Thanks to Scoops for organising the trip to Welwyn for the Prime Coaching session in July. My ten year old son Adam and I enjoyed it so much that we're now having a bash at the Prime Coaching / Willesden CC track championships at Welwyn track on Saturday afternoon. Fun session they say for anyone who's been on one of the courses. We'll both be sporting the club colours so let's hope we don't trail in last!

pauldyett

Re: Welwyn Track Racing Sat 1st August

Postby pauldyett » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:29 am

A good day out but my legs are killing me now! Adam did well in the U16s and came third overall; I only managed joint 5th (or last as the less charitable might call it) after pulling my foot out going for a sprint in the points race and couldn't get back onto the bunch. Might have a crack at the Friday league next season....

Simon Hemington
Site Admin

Postby Simon Hemington » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Well done Paul and Adam.

I thought it looked too much like rain to make the trip over, and my legs were hurting from the Friday League.
Are we going to see Adam racing on a Friday before the season is out. There are still about 5 weeks left I think. He should be allowed in now I think.

Steve, Keith and I are usually there if you need some company.

Simon
Simon Hemington
HHCC Webmaster

pauldyett

Postby pauldyett » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:38 pm

We'll try to come along next week when Adam's swim training takes a couple of weeks off! These kids do too many things!
Hope to see you there. Cheers

pauldyett

Postby pauldyett » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:35 pm

good luck at the track league tonight. we're not going to make it - Adam has been seduced by the Dark Side - not mountain biking! His mum is taking him to see the new Harry Potter!

Return to “Road and Track Racing”