2010 Road and Track Calendar

Everything to do with bunched racing on the road and velodrome.

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson, Gavin Atkins

Simon Hemington
Site Admin

2010 Road and Track Calendar

Postby Simon Hemington » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:40 am

Events in bold are suggested Target Events for club members, i.e. so that we can hopefully stimulate a good turnout. These suggestions were arrived at by selecting popular local events, reasonably well spaced out time wise, and with one event for each race distance or type; but please feel free to comment or suggest alternatives. And do please, via the forum or otherwise, provide details of your own individual racing schedules as they evolve.

People's initials indicate a planned entry if in normal font, or a confirmed entry if in bold.

LAST UPDATED +++ 20 April 2010

January
Hillingdon Winter Series: SN, CG

February

March
13th March - Spring Chicken: SN, GA, CG

April
Season Long Welwyn Tack League: : GA, SO, AB, KF, SH

May
5th May - Millbrook Classic (2/3/4): GA
23rd May - Central Division Championships - Neil Gardner Memorial RR: GA

June

July

August

September

October

Initials Key:
PM - Phil Moss, AM - Andy Murray, JS - Julian Smith, NB - Neil Bradburn, JC - James Conibear, SO - Steve Oglesby, AB - Andrzej Bojarski, PT - Paul Thomson, RB - Richard Boley, SN - Simon North, JL - John Lacey, GA - Gavin Atkins, RH - Rob Hill, KF - Keith Fletcher, GH - Giles Haley, CG- Chris Grange
Simon Hemington
HHCC Webmaster

Gavin Atkins

Re: 2010 Road and Track Calendar

Postby Gavin Atkins » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Any one else hoping to make Welwyn this Friday? Forecast looks dry at present

Simon Hemington
Site Admin

Postby Simon Hemington » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:34 pm

Not sure, I think I am too unfit to make any impression on the races. But if you don't go from week one then you rapidly fall behind everybody else. Will decide on the day I think.
Simon Hemington
HHCC Webmaster

Gavin Atkins

Postby Gavin Atkins » Tue May 04, 2010 9:20 am

I 'raced' the Mens Millbrook Classic 2/3/4 yesterday and got my ass royally handed to me on a course not suited to my strengths at all! It was won by Richard Wood a good friend of mine and he was in fine form toying with the field on each climb. I felt good but simply didn't have the W/Kg to keep up after the second climb. On the way home I pondered if I may be coming down with a cold as my son has one but when I downloaded the power data I managed 345W NP for the hour or so I rode for, and 512W for the 2 min climb on the first lap - turns out my 86Kg is no advantage on the hills! Great circuit tho and deffo one to target if you like hills!

Paul Thomson

Postby Paul Thomson » Tue May 04, 2010 9:59 am

I did wonder if you were there as I only managed to get to the finish with 3 laps to go and there was no sign of you... I was so busy with the womens races that I didn't get to see much of the mens race. Richard did a great ride and he fully deserved the win.
I think the course suits an all-rounder as there is a fair bit of climbing, but also a fair bit of flat stuff too (Richard went away on the flat at the end - not the climb!). There was a big group sprinting it out for 2nd - and it was the usual local sprinters fighting it out, rather than the climbers.
I say big group, but as nearly 70 riders started the event, there was less than 25 in the front group... The rest of them were spread all over the countryside or packed!

Paul
Paul Thomson
Racing Secretary

Gavin Atkins

Postby Gavin Atkins » Wed May 05, 2010 6:32 pm

If you'd seen the race you would have witnessed how Rich softened the field up on the climb, allowing him to get away on the flat - the energiser bunny approach - ie keep hitting them hard so it becomes a battle of endurance rather than saving for one single attack.

Return to “Road and Track Racing”