A busy week of multi-sports w/c 9th June

Everything swim, cycle and run

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson, Ian Huntingford

vernaburgess

A busy week of multi-sports w/c 9th June

Postby vernaburgess » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:59 pm

It was a busy week for triathlon with 3 events in 5 days and by the end my legs were certainly feeling it on the run sections
10th June - Hawridge Duathlon saw my first ever DNF with a puncture on the second lap of the bike
12th June - off road triathlon at Box End Park round 2. This was my best ever swim there and a better bike than last time. The run was slow though and saw me with a slight PB for the course of 1:15.37 but it should have been a lot better.
15th June - Brownlee Triathlon South turned duathlon owing to water quality issues at the 11th hour. Pleased with the bike as aimed for an hour and got 59:57! Run was slow . Finished 20/86 lady and 1st in Age Group.
The event had a good atmosphere and was fun to do. Very convenient to have parking adjacent to the event village. Stephen did it too but went wrong on a poorly marshalled run course and so his time was way off - still beat Dame Kelly Holmes though! Also never done an event where there were untimed sections T1-bike start and bike end to T2. It made for a nice rest though and time to take on water.

Return to “Triathlon and Duathlon”