Bedford Triathlon

Everything swim, cycle and run

Moderators: Simon Hemington, Paul Thomson, Ian Huntingford

felixlangley

Bedford Triathlon

Postby felixlangley » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:08 pm

Andrew, Janucz and I headed up to Bedford on Sunday for the first in the Bedford Super Sprint Series. These events are pool-swim sprints of 400m swim/24km bike/5k run. This was the first event of the series and doubled up as the Bedfordshire sprint champs.

April triathlons are always a bit of gamble weather-wise, but conditions on the morning, although cool and overcast, were dry throughout. Once I'd dried out and warmed up on the bike it felt pretty much spot-on.

The swim lanes and start times were well organised in terms of matching up the different abilities, although not entirely avoiding the customary lane jamming seen at most pool-based events. Starting somewhat later, the pool seemed to empty out, and I got a rare clear and unimpeded swim.

Following a messy T1, it was out onto the bike route. Once clear of the traffic lights and roundabouts of Bedford town centre (not to mention a dicey foray onto the A6!) the course opens out onto rolling country terrain, taking in the villages of Pavenham and Felmersham - a really good, varied ride and the definite highlight.

The race finished with run laps of Bedford Park. It was a pretty fast run course and came up 200m short on my Garmin, although triathletes never seem to complain about this as much as road runners!

All in all, this was a really good start to the season and it felt great to be back racing. There are two more events in the series on 14th of June and 4th of October.

25 Felix Langley 01:15:47 | 00:07:44 |00:46:25|00:18:45
67 Janusz Rokicki 01:22:32| 00:09:39| 00:46:59 |00:21:55
160 Andrew Adeane 01:34:49 | 00:11:53 | 00:52:55 | 00:26:05

Return to “Triathlon and Duathlon”